And it was about using a submaximal bike test to find VO2 max. :D
Totally makes up for the B+ I got on my midterm.
annnddd in about 1.5 hours, I’m going into a gym for an interview. SO STOKED.
WAS. A. BLAST.
5 miles. (5 x 1 mi loops) super easy. super fun. and I couldn’t have asked to have a better first run with Bestie on. :)
I still can’t believe it’s been 9 years!
She doesn’t hate me still! :) My favourite parts of today:
1. the 4 hour drive. 2. the 4 hour drive with the bestie and Silver.
3. A lady saw my knees when they were dripping blood (oops) and then looked at her knees to see if they looked like mine before screaming out “Battle wounds!!” I have since cleaned them. The firefighters also hosed them (and us) down 10 times. hahaha
4. A guy saw the back of my sports bra and said, “HEY! I’m not a jerk! That’s mean!!”
4.5. The creativity to come up with “Clean and Jerk” then paint it on our sports bras was far too mentally exhausting for me. LOL
5. A guy saw me running backwards and said, “Oh and look at this show-off over here going backward…” I replied, “I’m not trying to show off! I can’t leave her behind!” and pointed to my bestie. His response? “Oh.. Well, that’s actually kinda sweet.”
6. My car key was drenched after the first 4 hosings and 2 mud pits. It still works.
7. MY BESTIE’S FIRST RACE WITH ME. And it was 5 miles long. :)
ps. I also bought the Recon (for <$75!!!) and a purple lacrosse ball. :) My back and chest will love me after my pull-up/weighted push-up workouts!
I have a poster hanging on my wall that I’ve had since my 2nd year here at Cal. It motivates me to keep pushing toward what I want; to never quit; to never let everyone get to me. I know what I want. And I will get there.
After spending most of my yesterday crying (with my sister reassuring me that I will get this), I set a goal for myself today after spending last night at a friend’s place. He reminded me that I need to live in the moment and enjoy life. Yeah, I also need to remember that I’m working toward my goal, but what’s the point of planning out your future if you forget about your present?
Today, after ~5 hours of sleep and 10 hours of work, I went to Crossfit and told myself that I would hit at least 300 reps as prescribed. I did. :)
I was top female and one of the top scorers overall. Now, time to eat, shower, and study some quantum mechanics. My final tomorrow has nothing on me. I will succeed.
lol my bicep will be bruised tomorrow from the sand bag cleans..
Because I wanted to share my progress but not how full my recycling bin is. :)
Abs are not flexed, but arms are. My biceps are finally growwinnnggg!!
My one month at this new gym has led me to take top 5 womens for snatch, front squat, back squat, clean, and jerk. :D
And Chris didn’t think I knew enough about lifting to join without the on-ramp. pshhh. I’ve been lifting for the past 9 years!!
idk why people are surprised i have trust issues when we live in a world where sometimes naps just make you more tired
Photographer Takes a Boy with Muscular Dystrophy on an Imaginary Adventure | Colossal -
Slovenia-based photographer Matej Peljhan recently teamed up with a 12-year-named Luka who suffers from muscular dystrophy, to create a wildly imaginative series of photos depicting the boy doing things he is simply unable to do because of his degenerative condition. While he can still use his fingers to drive a wheelchair and to draw, things like skateboarding and swimming are simply not possible.
After having a conversation with Luka about his understandably normal desire to play sports or go swimming, Peljan was struck with the idea to create a non-digitally manipulated series of photographs showing the boy conquering a number of imaginary physical feats. The photographer used sheets and other props as a backdrop and shot Luca from above to capture each image, showing clearly the boy’s strength and shared sense of humor. See more photos from the series on the photographer’s website. All images courtesy the artist. (via peta pixel)
Nucleotide Plush Pillows? Yes, please!
OMG THOSE ARE SO CUTE.
Please tell me they have little magnets where the proper bonds would be.
Opals? more like the depths of fucking space smushed into a stone
(Source: cosmicshortcut, via thefallenn)
(Source: journey-of-a-male-fitness-model, via ohhbayyby)
..getting high off of life, yo!
Today, I hit a 9am workout to get my first ever RX. :’) I love pistols. This is probably, thus far, my favourite WOD. The workout wasn’t posted the night before so I was a little worried, but who would’ve thought?!
Today, while showing someone how to do a pistol (single legged squat), I learned that my “legs are so hot. You could make grilled cheeses out of them.” awww. :’D
(Source: free333, via thefallenn)
Our thoughts and prayers go out to those in Boston.
Here are some resources we’ve gathered so far.
- Looking for a runner? Use this form.
- If you’re trying to call someone in Boston, phone lines are jammed. SMS, Twitter, and Facebook might work better. [Lifehacker]
- Live news updates on The Verge
- Reconnect with loved ones in Boston on Red Cross Safe and Well
- Donate blood at the Boston American Red Cross